2.01.2008

My evening walk








Evening walk

Is there any doubt why I walk at sunset? This is a glimpse of what I see. It calls me, each day around 5pm. Today, I walked for two hours. I just kept going, eventually ending up in the middle of a mango field, with tall dried grass that I ran my finger tips through as I walked. Soft, it felt soft and smooth and light. The sunset seems foggy because the sky is filled with dust from the winds blowing in. On the days that the wind blows hard all day, rattling the windows, I know the next day will be pretty chilly.
I’ve been tracking the moon each night. Tonight it will rise late, around midnight. Now, I realize, between the full and new moon, the moon rises about an hour later each night.
Today has been simple, quiet, peaceful. I wish this for everyone, everywhere, my simple prayer, springing forth from my chest. I hope it reaches you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey honey .... i love you and miss you so much. glad to see your spending your time wisely... so proud of you. if my words had wings they would fly to you each day.- ren