10.26.2007

Sparklers!!!!






My dear friend, Marian, sent a delicious care package yesterday filled with chocolate, balloons, and sparklers. She and I have been corresponding via post and it is so exciting to receive her letters and then send a new one off. I received the package yesterday and shared my candy, making everyone delightfully happy. Then, last night, during a rain storm, as I sat in the dark with my host family listening to the rain, I decided to show them the sparklers.
This experience was so beautiful. Not only the children, but the adults were giggling and jumping about the porch with glee. Here are the pictures to share the moment with you...





I plan to save the remaining ones for the children in Jirapa. Oh won't they be so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Erica! It's Beth, Blair's mom...have been keeping up with your adventures through her till she told me of your blog.

Sparklers....great! Who wouldn't be enchanted by them! I'm also a fan of the greeting, 'namaste'....I'm interested in hearing your experiences in sending this thought out to all around you.....

Have fun and stay safe.....peace, Beth

Anonymous said...

How do I talk to you without everyone reading it? I am not very technologically savy? Help. Its Kerri in case you weren't certain.